7 Steps to Freedom from Suffering
Question: Nobody in this world is free from suffering. To be free of suffering, what should be done?
Bhagavan: That’s very simple. Please follow 7 truths to be free from suffering.
- Everything comes from a single source. It could be God or energy. There is no beginning and end to life.
- If you identify this source, you’ll not differentiate between good, bad, right or wrong. All these things are our views. Everything came from one source.
- Life is nothing but your search for ‘self’. In your life, things that happen to you, people you see, everything reflects your ‘self’. If you are suffering from poverty, it means there is something wrong with yourself. You have to correct this to get out of poverty. If you have hatred, then whoever you see will exhibit the same quality. If you have evil thoughts, people you meet will also have evil thoughts. Try to understand yourself first.
- Realize that anything that you experience in this life is by God’s grace. Supposing you slip while walking, try to realize that as God’s grace too. If you see God in everything, your life will become wonderful.
- Realize that anything you experience in this life is just a ‘test’ for you by God. It is not a bad experience. If it were considered as a bad experience then it would mean that God is not compassionate. If you experience a problem, consider it an opportunity for you to face it and come out of it. You‘ve been given people, wealth and confidence to face challenges, If you understand this, your confidence will improve, just to test your confidence, God give you a test.
- If you realize that anything you experience is a test for you by God, then you’ll be able to think deep about the problem and handle it in a better way. You’ll understand its result. Then you’ll have no fear.
- If you understand the above 6 truths, then there will be an enormous transformation in your body. From then on, you’ll not only have compassion, but you’ll become that ‘compassion’. If you follow this, your relationships would improve. You’ll have no fear or sorrow – you’ll have only joy – don’t try to analyze this logically. If you follow these truths for even 21 days, you’ll be joyful. The problem with us is we spread just the sorrow and sufferings. That’s why the earth is dying. After you experience joy and happiness you’ll be able to spread only joy and happiness to others