RELATIONSHIP WITH THE SUPREME CONSCIOUSNESS
It is necessary to have a live relationship with God or the Supreme Consciousness. Many of us have doubts if we can have a live relationship with God. By the way, what is a live relationship? A live relationship is that in which there is a spontaneous two-way communication between two parties. Now, is it possible to have such a live relationship with God? Is it possible for us to ask God and get an answer from Him?
In the last session, we have seen that as on today, we have only belief in God but do not know God. Now when we do not know God, how can we know that God cannot answer us? If you really know God, then you will also know that He can answer you back and a two-way communication with Him is possible. How can you say it is not possible when you do not know? Just because we do not know certain things to exist, can we assume that those things do not exist at all? It would be foolish to assume so, isn't it? I ask you to contemplate on this.
Okay, may be God can answer our questions. Let us accept this to some extent. If it is so, how can we invoke such an answer from Him? This is our next question. If God should answer us, we should establish a relationship with Him. This relationship is very much similar to our other relationships - with our parents, brothers, sisters, spouse, friends, etc. We should take God to be either our father, mother, brother, sister or friend and grow in that relationship. How to grow in that relationship? How do you grow in relationship to your friend? You would introduce yourself, meet him often and talk to him, wouldn't you? You have to do the same thing with God too. The more you think of Him and the more you communicate with Him, the relationship will grow; and the more you are open with Him, the deeper will be the relationship. This is from where you should start.
The moment you start relating to God in any form, God will also start relating to you, the way you want. As you grow in that relationship, God cannot keep quiet. He will also show His presence and that He is listening to every word you speak to Him.
Today, all people who worship God are doing it out of habit, ritual, fear or compulsion. It is very, very mechanical. As such, if we are
true to ourselves, it is never deep from one's heart, the way it should be. Take any human relationship. We all love to talk to people
who talk openly from their hearts than to those people who think, calculate and talk to us. God is also like that. He loves people who communicate to Him from their hearts, through feelings. The feelings may be anything; it may be a feeling of love, hurt, sorrow, happiness, even anger and frustration. Unlike us, God does not see what feeling we have for Him. He simply sees if we have any feeling for Him. This feeling is referred to as 'passion' in spiritual language. Where there is passionate communication/relationship with God, God shows His presence very easily.
I request you to try an experiment for a week. Establish a relationship with God (in any form you like the most or even without a
form) and start talking to Him from your heart and see and experience for yourself what happens. Like a scientist you will do this
experiment and draw your own observation and conclusion.
Source Mail FWD by DASAJI
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
RELATIONSHIP WITH THE SUPREME CONSCIOUSNESS
They are not meant to serve as solutions nor are they meant to lead you anywhere. These questions are meant to serve as tools to discovering yourself.
1) Do you perceive the Presence of a benevolent force guiding, protecting and shaping your life? What name do you give that Presence? When did you best feel this Presence?
2) What is your opinion of God? Is your opinion drawn from religion, books, parents and or your personal experience of life?
3) Do you pray? Do they get answered? How often?
4) Do you think it is possible to relate to the Divine? What relationship would you opt?
5) Here is a story for you - Two fierce enemies once did a penance to placate god and receive boons vying with each other. God appeared to the first man and asked what he wanted. He said "give me twice of whatever you give my enemy". Then God appeared to the second one. Even before God could say anything he asked, "God, would you please tell me what my enemy asked for? On knowing his prayer request, he said, "then God, blind me in one eye."
Now what would you wish for yourself, your best friend and your worst enemy if God gave you a chance?
6) Have you ever experienced a coincidence or chance that seems to have involved so many people and factors that you can't stop wondering if a mastermind was behind this operation? If yes, do you savour the experience often and have you shared it with someone close to you?