My Beloved Sri Amma and Sri Bhagawan:-
Thanks for giving us opportunity to live life fully, thanks for helping us to understand meaning of life, relationship, god, success, happiness and joy. Here you can dig about Amma Bhagvan teachings, thoughts, songs, Bhajans, Latest News and update from Oneness University, Golden temple. I am doing it for you. Thanks.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
World environment Day June 5th
When we heal the earth, we heal ourselves - David Orr
When our planet is faced with major environmental challenges and threats of global magnitude it calls for more responsibility and accountability on our part to promote and secure the sustainability of life.
Today we need to redefine our course of action and take measures to preserve our biosphere. As conscious individuals we must adopt eco-efficiency practices in order to use less energy and reduce emissions and waste. This requires the widespread support of environmental-friendly production technologies and an increased use of recycled materials.
Change has become the need of the hour. On World Environmental Day (June 5), Let’s decide to make our earth ‘Polythene-Free’ and Keep it Green.
To kick start ,
1.Use cloth bags which people can use instead of plastic/ polythene bags.
2.Have a plan to reduce consumption of Electivity, Paper & water and to eliminate usage of Plastic.
3.Paper conservation thru reduction in wasteful printing on our printers and in reducing usage of paper tissues.
4.Sensitize people for prudence in switching on/off their computers / lights / fans and air-conditioners where available.
Hazards of Polythene bags Annually a trillion plastic bags are consumed worldwide, which end up in landfills and in our oceans. These bags photo degrade over time, releasing toxic chemicals, contaminating the soil and waterways and eventually find their way into the food chain.
Here is a set of questions that would provoke you and put you through some soul searching. They are not about religion nor about ethics. They are merely about you.
They are not meant to serve as solutions nor are they meant to lead you anywhere. These questions are meant to serve as tools to discovering yourself.
1) Do you perceive the Presence of a benevolent force guiding, protecting and shaping your life? What name do you give that Presence? When did you best feel this Presence?
2) What is your opinion of God? Is your opinion drawn from religion, books, parents and or your personal experience of life?
3) Do you pray? Do they get answered? How often?
4) Do you think it is possible to relate to the Divine? What relationship would you opt?
5) Here is a story for you - Two fierce enemies once did a penance to placate god and receive boons vying with each other. God appeared to the first man and asked what he wanted. He said "give me twice of whatever you give my enemy". Then God appeared to the second one. Even before God could say anything he asked, "God, would you please tell me what my enemy asked for? On knowing his prayer request, he said, "then God, blind me in one eye." Now what would you wish for yourself, your best friend and your worst enemy if God gave you a chance?
6) Have you ever experienced a coincidence or chance that seems to have involved so many people and factors that you can't stop wondering if a mastermind was behind this operation? If yes, do you savour the experience often and have you shared it with someone close to you?